Thursday, September 4, 2008
Up at site!
Finally made it up to site... I had a blog all written out on my USB drive ready to plug in, and found out that there is a high probability that the computers at the bureau have viruses. So we're going to have to hold off on the pictures and all for a while. So anywhoo... did the swear in ceremony and all, the ambassador and his wife were there and the food was amazing!!!! They also had to clean up the lake of water that was sitting in the girls bathroom because there was raw sewage in the hall where we were going to do the ceremony. C'est la vie en Afrique!!!!! But really, the ambassador needs to come all the time!!!! So we waited a few days to get everything in order and got up here on Saturday. I now do have a house and they're making all of the reparations so I can't move in until the 12th. But I'm in a good part of town, some greenery in the area and near to some other volunteers. It's got two rooms, a kitchen and toilet/shower area plus a lumbar (a permanent tent) all opening up to a courtyard. I'm thinking though that since the kitchen is supposed to be by the toilet/shower... I might just put the kitchen in one of the "rooms" hehe. So I guess that's about it from here... I'm hoping to start another blog for students and teachers soon, but looking for another blog service other than blogspot that allows for video and photos uploading fast (I have a very slow connection here). So if you have any ideas just email me! thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment