Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Post from London

I'm on my way back to the RIM now, sitting in London's Heathrow trying to pass the time as best I can. So this last month was amazing, and thanks to everyone who came out to see me. Not only was this month just amazing, it was also incredibly tiring. I made it to 15 states including California, Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin and New York... all by car! I figure I went about 8,000 miles in a month in the car. CRAZY! I got to do most the things I wanted to, but certainly not all... there was just not enough time. I think I will sleep for the first week back in country just to recuperate. Elections went as expected, but all the volunteers there now say that fortunately all is calm and peaceful. The opposition is lodging formal complaints rather than taking to the streets in violent protest. It will be interesting to see what the US' response is to the results. I'll keep you all posted on the latest, and talk to you all later.

No comments: