Saturday, February 21, 2009
WAIST and Senegal!
Just got back from quite the amazing week in Senegal! I went down to Dakar with probably 90% of PC Mauritania for the West African Invitational Softball Tournament (WAIST). The venue for the tournament was a Club that had a few baseball diamonds... but also a 25m outdoor pool!!! I was in heaven! I swam 3 days (I probably was flopping around like a crazy girl, but it was fun!). So in Senegal, we're able to wear pretty much whatever we want. I went running along the ocean road in running shorts and a t-shirt, and spent the rest of the day in a swim suit. Well... with sweats over cause it was cold. And before you get on my case for saying it's cold when it's really not... look at Dakar's weather now... highs are only in the low 70s. That's COLD! Anyway... went to a few parties, had a blast, oh and the last night the party was serving wine. Not Senegalese wine (which is not the greatest), but Chilean, French, Australian, etc. It was awesome! In addition to the softball, I got the chance to see a little bit of Dakar. I went to the Isle de Goree, which was a minor slave trade island - pretty cool stuff. It was pretty iry to be walking around in there, but really awesome too. I'll try to upload some pictures soonish once I get my computer up and running again. So that's it from here... hope your February is going well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment