Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello to all... I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! I hope that you enjoy your time away from work and visiting with your family and friends. I also just want to quick share a story from here about a few people I've met. One guy I met, studied marketing at the University in Nouakchott and earned his bachelors degree. He can't use his education here because the basic principles of marketing just don't apply (trust me... they don't). You don't buy the cheapest stuff, or the best stuff, or the stuff that's advertised the best. You buy only from your family and friends - because that's helping them. I met another man who has a bachelors degree from Nouakchott in Arabic law. He tried to get a visa to continue education in Spain and was denied. So he now works elsewhere. It's not a bad job by any stretch of the imagination in comparison to other jobs here... but it's still not what he wanted to do. So to make a long story short... It's amazing the number of people in that situation, and I'm very thankful that I have the opportunity to work in a field that I enjoy and to continue my eduction after University. So hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!! I'm going to be heading north for a camel trek!!!!:) No worries, I'll take a lot of pictures while I'm freezing my butt off in the desert! (serious about the freezing part... last year I hear it was in the 40s! Okay you smart butts... not celcius either!!!! It's gonna be COLD!!!!!)

No comments: